|Shopping cart is empty.|
1) Run up Remote Manager.
2) Click on the [Sessions] menu item and select the [New] menu item. RM will display a new [Session Configuration] page.
3) Give the new session a name by entering a name in the [Session Name] edit box.
4) Then click on the [Session Type] drop down list box and select [SmartLook-RS232] from the list.
5) Click on the [SSH Server 1 IP] edit box and enter the IP address of the PC that is running the SSH Server and WebWayOne’s MCT application and press the [Save] button.
6) After filling in the login details and pressing the [Login] button, a site selection form is displayed.
7) To add or remove entries on the list, click on the [Advanced] link.
8) Select and highlight your site and press the [Call] button to initiate a connection to the remote SPT and panel. If a connection has been successfully
established, a live session will appear in the bottom pane of Remote Manager.
This application does have a concept of remote sites but not the ability to inform RM what site it wants to connect to. Its IP communications method is not compatible with RM so that IP address mapping cannot be use and there is no PSTN. It is able to connect to the panel via an RS232 serial cable local to the panel.
To communicate with a remote site, Remote Manager allows users to select their site as you login.
1)Change the [Connection] to ‘Serial port'.
2)Change the [Serial port] to the virtual port COM2.
3)Press the [Save] button.
4)Get RM to login and choose a site account.
5)Press the [Read from panel] icon and follow instructions.
6)Note that the connection will be dropped after 1 minute of no data transmission.
Address: 11 Kingfisher Court, Hambridge Road, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 5SJ
Phone Number: +44 (0)1635 231 500